ARTIST AND MAKER RESOURCES
Indy is routinely ranked as one of the best City's in the US for both livability and entrepreneurship. In 2017, INC Magazine named Indy as one of the top 20 Cities to start a business.
Indy has a long standing investment in arts, culture, and startups. Locally, government routinely supports new business development and equitable access to resources.
According to BuzzFeed, Indy also has some of the coolest non-profits in the nation. Start-up a non-profits in Indy are supported by some the largest foundations in the nation.
Check out the latest $25M grant for artists available now:
The Indy Chamber has a specific Business Ownership Initiative program for a startups that provides free coaching, loans and access to networks of other startup resources. Indianapolis has some of the best co-working spaces in the nation with dozens of options for all types of businesses, locations and budgets. All of the them are list on the Indy Chamber's Entrepreneurship Resources Guide
Ruckus is located just north of downtown Indy. Nearby is a partial list of startup resources:
- SOURCE RIVERWEST Funded by the Kauffman Foundation this non-profit offers free business development coaching.
- Switchboard Co-working space in Fountain Sqaure with a diverse membership of creative companies and traditional startups.
- Union 525 A tech startup hub located near Rolls Royce and Eli Lilly.
- IndyChamber BOI Located in the Salesforce Tower, this group also offers free business development coaching and startup loans through a $3M grant from Chase Bank.
- Industrious - Co-working space on Mass Avenue opening in early 2018
- IndyHUB - A network of 20 something professionals new to Indianapolis located on Mass Avenue.
- Launch Fishers - A suburban tech incubator located in Fishers, IN
- SCORE - Indianapolis SCORE is the premier source of free small business advice for entrepreneurs. A volunteer, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the success of small business in Central Indiana
- SBA - The Indiana District Office of the SBA providing workshops and lending for small businesses.