RUCKUS is part of a national "Maker" movement toward entrepreneurship, technology, and start-up manufacturing. Local can now be global. Access to affordable, high-tech equipment, such as 3D printers, CNC machines, and laser cutters are accelerating the prototyping and fabrication of an incredible range of new locally-developed products.
Taft Law, the IU Legal Clinic, Impressive Prototypes, and EchoEngagment provide technical assistance to help grow your idea.
With RUCKUS' partnership with the Industrial Design Program at Purdue University and IN-MaC, RUCKUS' Resident Makers and Maker Members get access to the key resources in design, prototyping and expertise to make their products right here in Indiana. IN-MaC provides access to equipment and testing both locally in Indianapolis and at the Purdue University main campus in West Lafayette, Indiana. Taft Law, the IU Legal Clinic, Impressive Prototypes and EchoEngagment provide technical assistance to help grow your idea.
RUCKUS' key components are:
HOW IT WORKS
some MAKERSPACES have an expensive membership system, yearly contracts, and charge for overpriced classes...
similar to a gym membership
we believe in equity, diversity of people, creation of unique ideas, and self empowerment.
We eliminate barriers that stand between you and your idea. our space and cohort of makers promote and protect an environment of creativity, collaboration, encouragement, personal growth, skills development, and entrepreneurship.
HAVE a really unique idea?!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
WE PARTNER WITH MANY ORGANIZATIONS TO DEVELOP:
COMMERCIAL KITCHEN SPACE
POP UP ART GALLERY
SHARED EQUITY HOUSING
POP UP RETAIL SPACE
Maker Members (Part Time Start-Up):
Just getting started? This may be for you. Come to Ruckus to utilize the equipment, communal tables and benches part time, but without the cost of a designated space.
- Limited Access to Space - Monday through Friday, 9am-7pm.
- On-site Storgage Lockers.
- 50% Discount on all Classes, Free Access to all Workshops.
- Month to Month License Fees from $50 and up, based on needs.
Resident Makers (Start-Up/Scale-Up):
For the Artist/Artisan/Designer/Maker with limited resources who's a starting-up or scaling-up a product idea that needs space, community, and technical assistance to get their idea off the ground.
- Limited Availability.
- Designated Work Space with 24/7 Access.
- Month to Month License Fees Vary from $75 to $300 Based on Your Business Model and Needs.
- Free Classes and Workshops.
- Scholarships Available.
- Access to Prototyping Equipment,
MICROmfg Members (Scale-Up and Hire-Up):
Ready to manufacture? Want to hire an apprentice to make the products. Landing wholesale contracts and need to get serious? Welcome to MICROmfg, Indy's first community micro-manufacturing co-workspace. Here we get to use advanced prototyping machines, larger spaces, and more focus on growing the idea to the next profitable level.
- Limited Availability.
- Designated Work Spaces with 24/7 Access. Unlimited everything.
- Negotiable membership terms to fit your business model. Longer term commitments to allow your company to hire and scale.
- Additional On-Site Storage for Inventory and Forklift Access.
- Free Access to all RUCKUS Resident Maker benefits.
- Access to Scale Up Equipment and Industrial Design Services.
interested a in becoming
A RESIDENT maker
Complete Step 1, the Maker Intake Form so we can learn about you...
RUCKUS is located at the southwest corner of the CIRCLE CITY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX at 10th and Mass Ave, at the intersection of THE CULTURAL TRAIL, THE MONON TRAIL, and the POGUES’ RUN TRAIL.
1125 E Brookside Ave, Suite D8, Door G10,
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
BUSINESS HOURS: MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY - 9AM to 5PM
TOURS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY: THURSDAY - 9AM to 5PM